Riverside transforms talent management processes and improves employee experience with Oracle
Fast forward to 2021, and Riverside is the leading registered provider of social housing in the UK, with almost 56,000 homes. They have provided affordable housing to people of all ages and circumstances throughout England and have transformed over 90,000 lives. They specialise in social housing, homeownership, veterans’ services, retirement living, and supported housing.
As a result, the organisation embarked on an HR transformation initiative to realign the talent function to help drive improved quality, financial, patient experience, and workforce commitment metrics.
PCL’s Implementation Approach
1. Identification of crucial project success metrics, focusing on improvements in employee engagement, retention of high potential employees, and overall talent management process integration.
2. Assessment of engagement levels in performance management processes within the organisation to develop a targeted change management approach based on the levels of engagement.
3. Train-the-trainer sessions to mentor resources within the talent function to upskill HR on new and existing processes and system functionality, preparing HR to promote and provide guidance on performance management expectations.
4. We collaborated with the client’s internal communications and talent teams to design and execute a detailed communications plan aligned with the change management strategy.
5. The rollout of talent assessment, succession planning and development planning processes and functionality, along with new processes for conducting talent calibration sessions and data tracking.
6. Definition of a governance process to manage ongoing success metrics and track progress on engagement, employee retention and process integration improvements.
Positive Business Outcome
2. Enhanced reporting and analytic capabilities: Improved reporting capabilities provide leadership with quality talent data to evaluate organisation adoption to drive targeted change management. System capabilities provide vital metrics to facilitate leadership’s strategic talent decisions.
3. Increase in employee engagement: Employees are more engaged in the performance cycle with a simplified, streamlined approach to the performance process. Managers’ and employee performance conversations have also improved since the process is less transactional and more focused on overall career development.
4. Governance process for ongoing metrics tracking: A standard process for tracking key talent metrics on an ongoing basis was built, allowing continuous progress monitoring.
People Director at Riverside
BGC Partners overcame payroll issues with an integrated, end-to-end Oracle Cloud HCM resulting in significant time savings, allowing focus on strategic initiatives.
The Riverside Group is one of the UK’s leading registered social housing providers, with over 3500 employees and over 75,000 homes